Orakei Tennis Club
In 1947 Auckland City Council gave the Club permission to develop the land on Kupe Reserve. There were 40 members and the clubhouse was initially a wooden car case.
By 1985 membership was so high at 650 players that a waiting list was begun. The 1990’s saw a major redevelopment at the club with redecoration of the clubrooms, a further 3 new courts laid; all floodlit.
In November 1981 Orakei Tennis Club hosted one of the richest tennis events organised by any club in Auckland with prizes totalling $1,000.
In 2016 Orakei Tennis Club won both the Tennis Auckland and Tennis New Zealand 'Club of the Year' awards!
- 7 Floodlit Courts
- World Class coaching
- The Best Views in Auckland
- Friendly social atmosphere
- Great clubrooms & bar facilities
- Pro Shop
What are the benefits of becoming a member?
- 15% off for term coaching and holiday camps
- Access to Junior and Senior Club night.
- Access to the club house (where applicable).
- 7 lit courts 7 days a week.
- Interclub competitions.
- Club tournaments.
- Mid-week tennis.
How to become a Member:
Please click here to view our subscription system.